LAWRENCE — University of Kansas Student Affairs is hosting a Family Weekend to welcome Jayhawk parents and relatives. There will be opportunities throughout the weekend for students to show families around the main campus and Lawrence area.
Activities kick off at 1 p.m. Friday, Sept. 17, in the Burge Union, where families can pick up a welcome bag, visit with Student Services and receive KU Dining and KU Bookstore coupons.
Following activities at the Burge, there will be several informal open houses across campus Sept. 17:
- Visit several student services, including the Center for Orientation & Academic Advising, Student Conduct and Community Standards, Legal Services for Students, Student Involvement & Leadership Center and the Emily Taylor Center for Gender & Equity. Times and locations vary; see the schedule for more information.
- The Spencer Museum of Art is hosting an Open Friday. Visit the Goddard Study Center to request prints, drawings or photographs not currently on view, or share your interests and let Spencer staff select works for you.
- Kenneth Spencer Research Library and Watson Library also are hosting open house events. Join staff at the Watson Library at 2:30 p.m. for an informal event with tours and refreshments.
- Tour the Ambler Student Recreation Fitness Center. Ambler staff are offering free guest passes to parents of currently enrolled KU students.
- KU schools and units are hosting additional events of interest to Jayhawk undergraduates and families.
From 11 a.m. to noon Saturday, Sept. 18, join the KU Alumni Association and KU Endowment for a family mix-and-mingle with refreshments in the Kansas Union ahead of the KU football game.
Open house events are free. Family Day ticket discounts are available to attend the KU football game versus Baylor University, which starts at 2:30 p.m. Sept. 18.
A comprehensive Family Weekend Schedule can be found at the KU Parent Association website.