LAWRENCE — The University of Kansas Center for Sustainability is accepting nominations for the 13th Annual Sustainability Leadership Awards. These awards recognize students, faculty, staff, programs and projects that have made important contributions to sustainability and have promoted the values of environmental, economic and social responsibility. Nominations can be submitted by completing the online nomination form before noon April 17.
Nominees should reflect outstanding leadership and creativity in addressing issues of sustainability on the KU campus and/or in the broader community through education, research, service and innovation. This may include individuals or groups who have:
- Engaged in, implemented or supported sustainability-related projects on or off campus
- Raised awareness within their communities about environmental and social issues
- Conducted research on a sustainability-related topic that contributed to a greater understanding of issues of sustainability
- Inspired others to engage in sustainable practices, sustainability education or research
- Played an integral role in furthering goals laid out in the Campus Sustainability Plan
- Promoted equity for all members of the campus community as related to issues of sustainability
See examples of past awardees.
As part of the spring awards program, the Center for Sustainability also will highlight campus departments that meet requirements for the Green Office Program. Departments can be considered for this recognition by downloading the application form and sending the completed form to firstname.lastname@example.org by May 1.
Send questions about these recognition opportunities to email@example.com or contact Jeff Severin at 785-864-5804.