LAWRENCE — In order to improve the customer experience, KU Recreation Services switched to a new point-of-sale/access system effective Jan. 30. There are several upgrades and changes with this new system. Here are a few that immediately affect participants:
- Fingerprints (biometrics) will no longer be used.
- Students will need to either bring their KU ID to swipe, or they can enter their KU ID number on the keypad provided.
- Faculty and staff will need to bring their KU ID to swipe.
- Nonstudent members who do not have a KUID, such as spouses, domestic partners and alumni, will need to obtain an Ambler Student Recreation Fitness Center card (“ASRFC Card”) at the Administrative Office, Room 103.
- KU Fit Passes will now be on your KU ID. No additional physical cards are needed.
- Rental equipment from Outdoor Pursuits will be attached to your KU ID.
For comments or questions, contact Jason Krone, director of KU Recreation Services, at email@example.com.