LAWRENCE — Provost Jeff Vitter has announced the 2011-12 class of Staff Fellows.
Vitter named 15 new members to the Staff Fellows Program, which is designed to strengthen KU by providing opportunities for participants to take part in a program of professional development that includes skill and leadership development and the opportunity to gain broader knowledge of the University of Kansas. Staff Fellows work together during the academic year exploring various aspects of the larger administrative structure of KU.
The program returns for its fourth year after a one-year hiatus and is jointly coordinated by the Office of the Provost and Human Resources and Equal Opportunity. Applications were accepted in July.
For details, visit http://www.provost.ku.edu/areas/academic/engagement/staff/fellows.shtml.
The 2011-12 Staff Fellows, their departments and time of service at KU are:
• Pat Argueta, Administrative Professional Sr., Student Success-Vice Provost, 26 years
• Mike Broadwell, Director, Libraries-General, 3 years
• Terry Bryant, Manager/Administrator, Journalism, 14 years
• Dina Evans, Coordinator, Music Administration, 7 years
• Jennifer Hanson, Project Manager, Comptroller’s Office, 17 years
• Karen Hester, Director, Law Administration, 6 years
• Jaime Keeler, Administrative Associate Sr., Ecology & Evolutionary Biology, 6 years
• Kristine Latta, Associate Director, Hall Center for the Humanities, 3 years
• Kevin Liu, Associate Director, Confucius Institute, 2 years
• Jaci Matney, Program Director, Information Technology Services, 4 years
• Jim Peters, Director Program Coordination, Continuing Education Admin., 6 years
• Jennifer Talbott, Director of Internal Operations, Spencer Museum of Art, 6 years
• Sara Vancil, Assistant Director, Financial Aid & Scholarship, 4 years
• Lynn Villafuerte, Project Coordinator, Higuchi Biosciences Center, 3.5 years
• Leslie Vonholten, Program Assistant, Center for East Asian Studies, 5 years